Monday, 26 December 2011

Handmade gifts!

Hello holiday revellers!

I hope this post finds you well with full bellies and holiday cheer!

As you know, I moved back to the Great White North (although right now it's totally not!) but am working seasonal retail at a rather normal wage... thus Christmas has been a bit tight.... So I decided to me-make a portion of gifts! And of course, forgot my pictures!!!! AGAIN!!!

But here's a list:
  • An extra-long scarf for my extra-tall brother (done 5 times, 3 times as a cable knit but it was just too stiff, and 2 times as another pattern..... I need to not be a perfectionist!!!)
  • 3 adult grocery bags and 1 toddler sized for BFF, aunt, brother, and niece (again, with much unravelling....)
  • A cowl for my BFF (made twice... changed needle size to a bigger one)
  • Doll dress for my niece (1st try Woot woot!)
  • Most of a cowl for my mom (ok this one failed but only because I finished it and then unravelled it as it wasn't perfect enough)
Although I only gave a limited number of gifts, the amount of work was ridiculous because I fail to check as I go... and apparently fail to learn from mistakes!!!! Ha ha ha!

So I didn't get to finishing the cowl for Mom, making her a top (this is because the pattern still hasn't arrived......), and a dress for my niece (pattern arrived 2 days before Christmas but I was working and I had bought her something else). I'll finish the cowl as an I-love-you gift, the top will be for her birthday soon, and the dress because I'm an awesome Auntie and I can give gifts whenever I want! I refuse to think of them as UFOs.... LOL!

And now, with my full belly, I'm off to bed to sleep and digest before I leave for work at a ridiculously early hour for a full day of Boxing Day shoppers!

Axx

3 comments:

  1. Ah, you worked so hard and put a lot of love into your gifts, Amber Elayne -- that's the spirit, right? I hope you have a good Boxing Day, and the shoppers are not too crazy! Happy holidays to you,

    -Patti

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Patti!

    My tension fingers is suffering some serious over-use injuries and I forgot to add I'm making my brother a shirt because he's tall and lean and they never fit but the pattern in en route! I've actually declared a short hiatus from crochet to recover but my BFF is pregnant and a baby blanket must be made!!!!! LOL

    I hope you had a great holiday season!

    Axx

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is great job. and so careful about family. because the own handmade gift shows the care and love to someone.

    Send gifts to Pakistan from Australia
    Send gifts to Pakistan from Australia
    Send gifts to Pakistan from Australia

    ReplyDelete