1 ¼ cups white chocolate
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup hot water
1 tbsp treacle or other syrup (I used agave)
2 tsp vanilla (I used more…..)
2 eggs room temperature
2 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder (I guessed this amount and it seemed to work)
- The instructions say to preheat but I’m seriously going to say wait until after step 2! Temp is 160 degrees though.
- Place butter, chocolate, brown sugar, vanilla and syrup into a saucepan over low heat and stir until melted and smooth (about 5 min). Cool for 20-30 min .
- Now, preheat the oven!
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well. Sift in flour and baking powder. Stir until combined.
- Fill each cupcake holder until ¾ or a little more full (this does not rise a lot but it will rise some but you will need some room for the ganache to settle without spilling over the edges!).
- Cook for 25-30 min or until a toothpick comes out clean, or nearly clean, just not gooey! The colour will be a nice caramel, not a brown.
- Let cool and make the ganache!
Now the topping!! Ganache!!!!!
1/3 cup cream
2/3 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup white chocolate
Mix all items together in a pan on low until melted. Spread onto cooled caramel cupcakes!!!! Allow to cool and set.