Saturday, 3 December 2011

Caramel Mud Cupcakes... Yum-tastic!!!


Hi!

I must admit that I've gotten a little smart and typed up a few posts on Word when I've wanted to sit away from my connection, mainly in the kitchen so I can watch cookies baking, keep my beautiful Fu company and drink coffee! Here's the recipe to the amazing caramel mudcakes I made for my bestie's birthday last weekend. The original recipe was for a cake but I amended it to cupcakes for both the fun factor and the share-and-leave-some-for-the-folks-too factor!

Here is the recipe!

200g butter

1 ¼ cups white chocolate

1 cup brown sugar

1 cup hot water

1 tbsp treacle or other syrup (I used agave)

2 tsp vanilla (I used more…..)

2 eggs room temperature

2 cups flour

2 tsp baking powder (I guessed this amount and it seemed to work)

Instructions

  1. The instructions say to preheat but I’m seriously going to say wait until after step 2! Temp is 160 degrees though.
  2. Place butter, chocolate, brown sugar, vanilla and syrup into a saucepan over low heat and stir until melted and smooth (about 5 min). Cool for 20-30 min .
  3. Now, preheat the oven!
  4. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well. Sift in flour and baking powder. Stir until combined.
  5. Fill each cupcake holder until ¾ or a little more full (this does not rise a lot but it will rise some but you will need some room for the ganache to settle without spilling over the edges!).
  6. Cook for 25-30 min or until a toothpick comes out clean, or nearly clean, just not gooey! The colour will be a nice caramel, not a brown.
  7. Let cool and make the ganache!

Now the topping!! Ganache!!!!!

1/3 cup cream

2/3 cup brown sugar

3/4 cup white chocolate

Mix all items together in a pan on low until melted. Spread onto cooled caramel cupcakes!!!! Allow to cool and set.

Eat!


1 comment: